Thursday, February 6, 2014

Old Pins in a bag of "Junk"

I love to buy old buttons and pins from antique stores or garage sales.  It's always interesting to see what odd things you'll find. 


This is a United Hagie Seed Twine pin.  Perhaps the "5" is for someone's anniversary with the company, or a landmark anniversary for the company.  If you look closely you can make out the kernels of corn around the perimeter of the pin.  The red bucking mule is interesting as well.


I've seen these Women's Relief Corps pins before - immediately under the badge hangs a "25 years" plaque with attachments for additional plaques for every 5 years served.  The WRC is the official auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic (GAR).


A cute little Farm Bureau charm


West Midland Farmers LM pin.   I don't know anything about this organization or the significance of the pin.


3 gallons of blood donated to the Red Cross!


I have no idea what this pin is for.


"Dedicated to Excellence - CCC"
The picture doesn't do justice to the pretty red jewel in the center.  I could not find another example of this pin online, so I don't know what "CCC" stands for, or why this pin was produced.

That's all for now!









2 comments:

  1. How neat! I love old pins and charms. I've never heard of any of those organizations. I do have a star pin like that, as much as I can tell by the photo. I've done searches and can't find any specific organization it belongs to though. Could be just a lapel pin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I'm coming to the same conclusion about that star pin. Many similar ones online, but not exactly the same thing.

      Delete