Thursday, February 14, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday - The Doily Box, Part 6

Some really nice items in this week's installment -


I loved this "swirl" pattern so much I started a bedspread from a similar pattern ten years ago.  I'm still working on it... not very diligently, obviously.    But I love this doily!

I like the shape of this doily, reminds me of something you'd set a butter dish on.


Someone did a lovely job on this dresser scarf.  The picture does not do the embroidery justice, and the crocheted border is so vibrant and lively!

And one of my very favorite sets from the Doily Box - 



This is probably a couch set, with the two birds in the center for the back of the couch and the two smaller birds on either side for the arms.  It blows my mind that anyone would want to sell this, but I'm always willing to give an orphaned doily a good home!  Below, a close up of the larger piece -




 Thanks for sticking with me through all these doilies!  There may be more later.  :)




1 comment:

  1. Those are lovely. I love looking at antique crochet and tatting pieces, but I never know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete