Thursday, February 7, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday - The Doily Box, Part 5

A few more...


What you can do with a plain piece of linen and some thread...

And below, a dresser scarf from a garage sale.




The embroidery is done very heavily both on this bird, and on the fronds of the plant above it.  I have no idea how old this item is, but the embroidery on the tail still feels very thick and luxurious to the touch.


A simple pattern, but I love the colors.


I love this intricate pattern.


Having made a similar doily, with all the beautiful daisies around the border, I know how much work went into this.  Beautiful job, Unknown Crocheter!




I have a particular weakness for vintage crocheted potholders, and this one from a yard sale found a new home with me.



That's it for this week!


2 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous, Karen. I love the rectangular one, though it's not something I would ever put out in my home (unless I framed it and hung it on a wall). And I like old potholders, too. I just posted a pair a few days ago. They are interesting but not a beautiful as this red, green, and cream one. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I love the idea of framing that rectangular doily! And thanks for the heads-up about your blog post. Life has been so crazy busy I have not had time to keep up with my reading - I'm headed over there now! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete