Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Driving Me Crazy

One fun by-product of taking a genealogy “road trip” is all of the interesting, out-of-the-ordinary things you see. Lately, it’s been cars.


We saw this beauty recently in Waverly, Iowa. Wow. My brother used to have an old green Chevy from the 1950s, but it sure didn’t look like this!


Is this a monster truck? Or a monster van? Also seen in Waverly.



Hadn’t seen an El Camino in years! I wonder how many young ‘uns today would have any idea what an El Camino is? We saw this fine example in Mason City, Iowa.





Definitely one of my favorites – a pristine General Lee. Wow. It’s hard not to love this car! Spotted in Rochester, Minnesota.






On our way home from our last road trip, we got behind this little gem in traffic in Rochester. It’s not every day you see a Lamborghini, especially around here! I wonder how that thing would do in the snow?


And last, but not least - 


My all-time favorite. It’s hard to beat this for a “noteworthy ride.” I believe I snapped this photo in Missouri, heading for Illinois.

2 comments:

  1. Cars never fail to amaze and cause smiles! Thanks for this post! Smiles first thing in the AM before the coffee, a VERY good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know a whole lot about cars but I think my Mom had a car very similar to that first one when I was quite young. It was referred to as the "green jalopy". I remember it as a dull chartreuse color and it seemed huge to me as a little kid. What we (my siblings and I) liked best is that when we went over puddles, sometimes a bit of water would splash up through the rust spots in the floor. Somehow, I don't think my mother appreciated that as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete